Welcome to Genpower Ltd

Cart

0 item(s) - £0.00
You have no items in your shopping cart.

0

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Safety

As of October 2014, 47 people have died and 722 have been hospitalised due to carbon monoxide poisoning in the UK this year according to CO Awareness.

Carbon Monoxide PoisoningThe reason that carbon monoxide is so deadly is because it's a colourless and odourless gas which is highly poisonous. It is produced by any equipment that burns fuels and as a supplier of power equipment we always strive to provide the best health and safety information possible.

The most important step in the prevention of carbon monoxide poisoning is to never use power equipment which produces the deadly gas indoors or in an enclosed space. Garages, porches, basements or other similar spaces are not suitable areas for generators or water pumps as there is not enough ventilation – even if doors and windows are open. These units should always be used in an open space with the exhaust pointing away from any buildings or structures.

You should also always have a carbon monoxide detector in any nearby buildings to ensure that the deadly gas isn’t creeping in and silently killing you.

If in doubt, contact a safety expert who can examine your property and give any advice on how best to use equipment which produces carbon monoxide with minimal risk.

Be sure to educate any family members or employees of the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning so that they too can avoid any tragedy.

If you follow these precautions then carbon monoxide poisoning shouldn’t be a risk to you, but it’s good to be aware of the symptoms if you regularly work around machinery which produces carbon monoxide. They include:

  • Headaches
  • Drowsiness
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Confusion
  • Weakness
  • Convulsions
  • Respiratory Problems
  • Concentration Problems
  • Behaviour Problems
  • Personality Change
  • Clumsiness
  • Severe Muscle Pains
  • Fast Heart Rate
  • Trembling
  • Vision Problems
  • Loss of Hearing
  • Walking Problems
  • Unconsciousness

If you are around any machinery which produces carbon monoxide and start to feel any of these symptoms then contact a medical professional immediately. 

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here.